Thursday, August 21, 2008

Name

Just about a week left now. I'm getting the (historic) tags next week, and have already dealt with the insurance (a premium that is slowly encroaching on the total value of my two cars).

On that note, did you know insurance for these cars is really not that cheap? It's quite a bit cheaper than regular cars, but still not next to nothing. Furthermore State Farm and Nationwide seem to hate classic cars, charging me $300 extra for the additional car (Geico and Progressive were much cheaper; e-surance doesn't even offer insurance for cars before 1981). There are also some other companies that only insure classic cars, and offer free towing services (for quite a few miles). They're actually quite a bit better than regular insurance companies, and offer a lot more coverage over the bigger guys. Still in the end I stuck with my normal company (soon my insurance will drop significantly I'll have more of a bargaining point). I'll have to keep using AAA till then.

In anticipation for the car I've started preparing for its arrival. Getting the paper-work done was completed the day after I signed the cheque. Now I have to take care of all the little things: buy a new ignition switch (so it won't need a screwdriver to start anymore), buy all the required lamps (so people know when I'm braking, turning, or backing up), and warn my neighbours.

Another thing I need to do is come up with a name. After all, this is my first child (I sort of married my Altima a while ago so it couldn't be my child), and a spoilt first born deserves a good name. The car's gender is Female. What do you think? I've started a poll on the left side of the page I hope people will vote on, and help me make up my mind. If you have any suggestions for names email me or leave them in a comment and I'll try to add it.

UPDATE: Turns out I can't add names anymore, but suggestions are always welcome and certainly considered.

No comments: