Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bye for now

As many in the US must have noticed by now, the economy is pretty bad. The job market is also rather dismal, which has had an impact on me. It probably wasn't a very good idea to graduate last December, as I have been unemployed since then.

Fortunately my luck turned at the beginning of May when, despite a rather terrible interview (on my part), I was picked along with three others to do a very exclusive internship in London. A month later my bags were packed and I was on my way to Europe. My first day on the job is next Monday, and I'm rather looking forward to it.

This also meant having to leave my life in the US behind: my dogs, my apartment, and my cars. The latter, for the purpose of this blog, was the most painful one to leave behind. So until I figure out if I'm staying in London, moving back to the US, or moving to another part of the world altogether (I hear Singapore is nice, and the job market is good), I'm putting the cars in storage. I've already received shipping quotes for the cars to most of the world (~$1000 a piece), so I guess we'll have to see what happens.

In the meanwhile for obvious reasons I won't be working on either of my cars. Just know this: I will be back to work on them, and will do so properly next time (with money and a garage).

Here's a video (in HD) of how I saved money by putting them both in one storage container. Press full screen if the banner on the right cuts over the video, or click the video a few times till Youtube opens.





Till next time! If anyone in London is looking for someone to help out with their British classic on the weekends, drop me a line!

Like this video? Check out my other video with more details on the MGB and XJS you just saw.

1 comment:

Tyra Shortino said...

I see what beautiful babies you have to leave... I envy what you have there. Parting is such sweet sorrow! Good luck on your undertakings.