Sunday, October 26, 2008

On the road again - at speed

  • Installed new tyres (P185/70 14)
Finally! I can drive at speed again! More than 40 mph, here I come!

I finally got the new tyres I've desperately needed for ages (with many thanks to my grandfather who gave me the money to buy them). To keep with the spirit of the 70s I bought white-wall tyres. Some may say that this is an American tradition, not appropriate on a British car. Well they can go to hell. It looks damn good. And furthermore this is an American-spec MGB, not British (otherwise I'd have about 20 more horse-power).

Note that the 'white walls' are blue in these images. The blue is a protection layer that will wear off over time and reveal to be white. I'd wash it but I have a major exam tomorrow that I should be studying for. Also note that the guy at Sears was nice enough to use the chrome valve stems (without me asking), rather than the generic black ones most cars have. I feel like I should have tipped him.

No comments: