Sunday, October 5, 2008

Update and ignition

It's been a while since I had a chance to do anything to Bonnie-Delilah, thank Ike and mechanical set-backs for that one. This weekend I'm out of town. Next weekend I plan on having a whole day's worth of work on the car, especially considering I've just received a bunch of parts for it.

One thing I haven't been able to do for a while is replace the ignition tumbler, the part of the ignition switch that the key goes in. The original key broke off in the lock and so I've been starting the car with a screw driver. I simply could not figure out a way of replacing the tumbler without removing the steering column, something I don't want to do because I have to shave off some bolts to do that.

So instead I'm hotwiring the car and adding a push-button start mechanism to the car; see diagram below.

Schematics and parts list will follow soon.

No comments: